Issues emerging in the first full plenary of the European Green Party -
- the austerity measures are having a serious impact on both the community and the economy. They are leading to societal breakdown and the reinforcement of a system which has already badly failed
- the importance of integrity and good governing as a key factor in any programme to move forward
- the need to show that the economy cannot be relaunched. Instead it needs to be re-tooled systematically
- a Green electoral platform will only make headway with the electorate by making clear what alliances it is prepared to participate in
- and that corruption is not unique to Greece within the EU!
Shan Oakes, Athens