Saturday, June 28, 2008

“Oh there’s no bus from here!”

Friday 27th June, actually – just catching up! I went to Howden today. I thought I’d garner votes on the train – and found one! Once at “Howden” you arrive a mile and a half from the town at a station that has seen better days. I asked someone about a bus to town: “Oh there’s no bus from here!” So I had to plod into town! We clearly need a Green Party win to revamp public transport here!

I spoke to people around Howden marketplace and had a very enjoyable time.

We are the only other serious party contending this election and many people were interested enough to talk about their views and local life.

It struck me that if you mix red and blue and yellow – it makes brown! So, “the brown parties”, as I’ll call them, now have great difficulty making policies appeal to most people. And it’s because they are committed to a system that no longer works. If it ever did. We just cannot have endless growth. Full stop.

Saturday, we are in Cottingham market place from 11am onwards. We have lots of inspired visitors from around Yorkshire coming to help us!

shan@voice-international.net

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We are the only other serious party contending this election and many people were interested enough to talk about their views and local life."

Is David Davis's ego a "serious party"???

There's only one serious party in this seat - the GREENS

Shan Oakes said...

of course you are correct

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you are working really hard for the people & green party. you deserve to win it is the shake up & breakthrough we(UK) needs. sorry I can not help directly as I have a farm in Andalucia, but expect a donation soon, Neil Armstrong